Monday, July 23, 2007

Update...

Hey all,
Just thought I would update since I am catching so much grief about it! This past weekend was a great weekend. On Saturday I had a preaching appointment in Logan County. The service itself was great even before I was able to preach. The people of the church I attended are very friendly and open to new people coming within the church. My prayer is that I can help them out when they need me. My message this past Saturday was titled "Where's Your Waterpot?" in which I challenged the congregation to ask where their priorities lied. In the story of the woman at the well, we find in verse 28 of the 4th chapter of John, the woman "left her waterpot." Why, you might ask is this so important? It shows a couple things to us today. First, it shows that the woman had been on a mission, but found something different. Aren't you glad the night when you went searching for something and then Jesus showed up and changed you're life completely. Oh PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME for the night that he made my life different. It also shows that she was satisified with the living water that Jesus had provided. She did not need to go back to that old waterpot when she had that "wall of water springing up into everlasting life," such as in the 14th verse of this chapter. Thirdly, this vacant waterpot showed how excited she was about telling others what this man had done for her. I challenge your heart today, has Jesus made a change in your life? If so, are you telling others about him? This woman was so excited that she forgot what she was really there for.
As Christians so many times we tend to go back to that old, beat down waterpot, when we actually have the LIVING WATER!! Are you satisfied today with Jesus, or are you going right back to that old waterpot, the place where sin abounds, to satisfy your needs today. Paul says in Philippians 4:19, "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Are you going back to that old waterpot, or are you feasting at the well of that living water?
I will be headed to NC this Wednesday for the National Sword of the Lord Conference. I am very, VERY excited about the preachers that I will be hearing this Thursday and Friday and I am also excited about meeting a few people that I have began a friendship with! I believe I might post some pictures and such maybe on Friday during some free time that I have. Well folks, have a wonderful day and please leave many comments. I love to hear that you enjoy reading my blogs!!

Jeremy

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

Hey Brother Jeremy!! This one was the best one yet! I am so thankful for the night that I gave my life to him. I totally wasn't expecting it, but MAN what a suprised when I heard his call!! Like the woman at the well, I was searching for something earthly...just to satisfy that thirst....that longing. BUT....what Jesus gave me has lasted, and will continue to satisfy and provide until the day that I hear the ultimate call!!! (watch out...this baptist may shout!!)
I'm not what I should be....I'm not what I'm gonna be....but thanks to Calvary and his precious blood....I'll NEVER go back to what I used to be! PRAISE GOD!

www.cassandraspry.blogspot.com
(new post)