Monday, June 4, 2007

You want me to do what?!

Hello Folks,
Wow! It is really difficult to keep up with these blogs when you have a busy life...I will try my best to at least to this 2 or 3 times a week...don't be upset if I don't though.
My pastor preached a familiar message yesterday out of the 22nd chapter of Genesis, where it talks about Abraham taking his son Issac up for sacrifice. What is so amazing about this story is that God tells Abraham to do this action to one of his sacred possessions. As we all know, Issac was the promised son to both Abraham and Sarah, and by him showing obedience to God this shows that he really trusted God in the situation. The Bible goes on by telling us that "And Abraham rose up in the morning.."(Genesis 22:4). He did not question God, he just did what he was told to do.
We might not hear the same audible voice that Abraham did thousands of years ago, but we are able to discern God's call by the sweet small voice of the Holy Spirit directing us. Do we answer the call just as Abraham did, or do we question does God really want me to do this?! It took me 6 months to surrender my calling to the ministry, and I wonder to myself, what if I would have answered it earlier? We must trust God when He tells us to do something in our lives. It might not makes sense to you now, but there is a purpose for God calling you to an action, place, etc. I leave you with a verse to meditate on today. It comes from Proverbs, "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding" (Proverbs 3:5). Whenever God calls, we must trust in Him and step out with a leap of faith.

Until Next Time,

Jeremy

1 comment:

Greg said...

Your post is very hard to read do to the lack of using two spaces between your sentences. The second space makes it much easier to read.