Friday, January 11, 2008

So...what's this BOOK for?!

Man! It has been yet again a long time since I have last posted on this blog. I need to get back to doing this on a weekly...and maybe even a daily basis. There are so many issues that can be covered that are brought up in my life daily. I pray that God gives me more of a desire to work on this thing while I am still a student here in WV.
What I would like to talk about today can be found within my title. Yes...I want to discuss a book. Not any ordinary book however...no...but one of the most important books that you could read in your entire life. This book has many characteristics that other books fail to have. I hope you get a chance to pick up this book today! It is the best-selling book of all time, yet many people fail to open its cover everyday. Many folks around the world crave to have this book...but can't have it because either their country bans the use of it, or it is not written in their language. Yet around here in the US we let these books become dust collectors on our shelves or desks.
Yes, folks I am talking about THE Book. God's Word for mankind. The only way God has communication with man today...His Word. Within it we find 66 books, 1,189 chapters, 31,102 verses, and 774,746 words. Composed over 1,600 years by men from many walks of life, all in which were inspired by God to write His Word to His people. All of these amazing facts about this grand book, yet "we don't have time for it" today.
Let's quit making excuses and pick it up today. The only way you will grow in your walk with Christ is to pick it up, read it, and pray to understand.

No comments: